Craft to your heart’s content
How sweet is this heart-shaped plant that Meagan made? Our paper string of hearts plant is an easy project to craft and perfect for Valentine’s Day. But what we love even more is that it’s subtle enough to keep out and enjoy year-round — or you can always gift it to a loved one.
This is a simple pattern to cut by hand, or you can use our SVG file if you prefer to use your cutting machine.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We think you will have so much fun crafting this paper string of hearts. To replicate this gorgeous trailing plant, Meagan used natural bind wire to create the thin, delicate vines. She also added dark green dots to each leaf and colored her bind wire so some of the vines are green and some are light purple. These little details are what will make your plant look more realistic, and we will show you how to do all of this step by step in our photo tutorial below.
Crafting tip: If using a cutting machine for this project, it will be easier to color the leaves while they are stuck to the mat.
How to Make a Frosted Paper String of Hearts Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- With the white paint pen, add a dash of paint to the top of each leaf; then use the art sponge to spread it, giving the surface a white-washed look.
- Using the dark green marker, add 2-4 dots to the white-washed leaf; then use the art sponge to dab the leaf, multiplying the dots in a random way.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
When you’re finished crafting this frosted paper string of hearts, remember to share it with us on Instagram by tagging #MadeWithLia or by posting it to our private Facebook page for members. We can’t wait to see your version of this paper plant!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Conifer Pack: Color 2 and Stone Fruit Pack: Color 1
- Bind Wire – Natural
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Tombow Dual Brush Marker — Aqua 401 and Purple Sage 623
- Karin Brush Marker Pro — Lush Green
- Uni-Posca Paint Marker — White
- Floral Foam
- Pot — 3″–4″
- Moss or Rocks
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member