As Graceful As a Swan
Full of grace and beauty, swans are an age-old symbol of romance. These paper swans are the loveliest addition to any celebration of the heart. To make this metallic paper swan project, start by downloading the templates below. There is an SVG file to be used with a cutting machine or a PDF version you can cut by hand – both yield just as gorgeous of results. Visit Paper Papers website for the full photo tutorial to guide you through the assembly process. Your guests will be in awe of the simple elegance of these swans that took you no time at all to create!
For this project, we used Paper Papers metallic text weight paper. This paper is our very favorite – unique in its thinner composition than most cardstocks, it is ideal for projects like this one. It’s subtly iridescent quality gives an extra special feel. For these paper swans, we used metallic paper in Rose Quartz, Vista, Iron Satin, Onyx, Crystal and Platinum; however there are many more options to choose from! Browse Paper Papers wide selection here.
Tools & Materials
- Paint Brush
- Paper Papers Metallic Paper in Rose Quartz, Vista, Iron Satin, Onyx, Crystal, Platinum
- Adhesive Foam Squares
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the paper according to the template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Glue the swan together using paste and a paint brush.
- Curl the edges of the swan feathers out using the edge of the scissors.
- Layer the cut water pieces placing 2 foam squares between each layer.
- Insert the blue stand into the slit in the water to hold the swan in place.
Tips & Styling
We are a big fan of Yes! paste – a versatile and reliable craft glue, ideal for paper projects like this one.
These pretty paper swans are a great addition to any party. Try using them as table centers or name cards. They also make for a beautiful cake topper!
For more projects using this beautiful frosted paper, browse through all of our metallic paper flower tutorials. Pop over to our membership page to see how you can continue exploring your creative side with us and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Happy crafting! ~ Lia & Team