Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Walls of Whimsy
Do you have a little princess in your midst? Teach them how to craft their very own unicorn wall art to hang on their wall or the door to their bedroom castle. Our whimsical unicorn features cascading locks of yarn to braid or style and is great craft to make with your kids. Braid the mane of your unicorn or use it to their hairpins. This project is so easy it’s like magic. Just follow along with our easy steps below and we’ll teach you how to create your own paper unicorn.
Browse more unicorn inspired crafts here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Yarn – Knit Picks Brava Sport in “Sky”, “Clarity”, and “White”
- White Posterboard
- Adhesive Foil Vinyl – Cricut “Rose Gold”
- Transfer Tape – Cricut
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut unicorn head out of posterboard using a cutting machine (recommended), or cut by hand using a craft knife and printable template.
- Cut face and horn details on a cutting machine out of foil vinyl and apply with transfer tape. You can also draw or paint the details on by hand.
- Cut lengths of yarn about 18” long and glue to the back of the head, about 1/4” in from the edge. We did 5 strands of the same color in a row.
- Flip the unicorn head over and glue along the edge of the posterboard to keep the yarn laying flat on top.
- Continue gluing lengths of yarn all the way down the base of the neck. Cut some more yarn about 5” long and glue between the ear and horn on the backside.
- Cut a length of ribbon and glue to the back, forming a loop to hang.
- You can braid the mane or use it for displaying a hairpin collection.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member