Another holiday means another treat box! Designed by Krista, these paper witch hat treat boxes are perfect for a Halloween party. Or you can craft them as a fun surprise for your family.
This is an easy paper craft, though we do recommend using a cutting machine to cut out all of the little details. However, we have also included a printable version so there is the option to cut by hand.
Our template and SVG file below includes two different designs — one with a gothic lace trim and one without. There are also two types of ribbons, one plain and one with a celestial pattern. We used black cardstock paper and a contrasting color for the ribbons, but you can use whatever colors you’d like!
Once you’ve assembled your paper witch hat treat boxes, you can add some small treats to the middle containers. Then cover them back up with the top part of the hats.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, and Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- Black Cardstock — Lia Griffith Cardstock Kraft & Natural Pack
- PaperPapers Basis Burgundy and Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Stone Fruit Pack: color 1
- Glue Stick or Art Glitter Glue
How to Make a Paper Witch Hat Treat Box
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out and score paper according to template using a cutting machine (recommended) or by hand with a detail knife and scoring tool.
- Fold paper along the score lines.
- Glue the tabs on the brim piece and top of hat to the opposite side.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.