It is time to start thinking about changing your decor to a winter theme! I always look for quick and easy decor ideas with a lot of WOW, and this framed piece does just that!
If you have a personal cutting machine, this project can be crafted in less than 30 minutes. You can add your creativity by picking your favorite colors of cardstock and adding your flair. How cute would it be to add a bit of glitter?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Woodpeckers Crafts. All opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s Make This!
- Choose your frame: These natural wood painting panels from Woodpeckers are the best bases for papercut artwork. They are a simple, one-piece, but hearty structure that you can either paint or even leave as a natural wood finish. Remember, this project is designed for a square frame.
- Pick your cardstock: When designing this project, I chose a different color for each of the six layers. You can create your color palette with the cardstock you have on hand or use the link below to find the blues and whites in the photos.
Fun Designer Tip: Use a gradient of colors, with the darkest in the back and moving to the top layer and the lightest color. This method adds a perceived depth to the design.
- Cut your cardstock: This is an ideal project for a cutting machine! The SVG file is created in layers and set up to automatically align when stacked. You can resize the art to fit into your chosen square frame.
- Prepare your frame: Once you have all six layers cut, you can see how they look inside your wooden panel frame and decide if you like the natural wood look or to add a pretty color to the frame. If you paint, let the wood completely dry before adding the papercut layers.
- Let’s assemble: Start by attaching the back of the frame with bright white paper so your snow will pop through the first layer of your papercut art.
Place the riser squares onto the back of the first papercut layer and align it into the frame. Repeat this with each layer.
You can add as many risers as you feel you need.
Share the Joy!
And there you are! A beautiful, handmade papercut art to display year after year.
Not only did I make one for my winter mantel, but I also made a second for a housewarming gift. I love sharing joy with my winter crafting, and I know the receiver will treasure this elegant art.
So, I want to encourage you to join me in crafting a beautiful winter holiday! Create your gifts with joy and pass them along to your friends and family. Joy is the gift that keeps on giving. 😉 ~ Lia
P.S. If you love making craft wood projects, be sure to check out the luna moths we made with Woodpeckers.
- Woodpeckers 10×10 inch Cradled Painting Panel
- Paint for the wood tray (optional)
- Cardstock – Light Blue Pack, Dark Blue Pack, White Pack
- Adhesive Foam Squares- White – 0.25″ X 0.25″, White – 0.5″ X 0.5″
Better Than Pinterest
Become a member and get instant access to a professional collection of 2000+ crafts, 400+ videos, and a growing library of master classes for all skill levels. For less than your daily coffee, you'll learn new skills and techniques, create beautiful handmade projects like this, and join a community of crafters just like you! Spend less time searching, more time crafting. It's better than Pinterest, promise. 😉Become a Member