So many of our members have asked for more handmade card projects, and we’re happy to deliver! This fun and creative Hawaiian shirt card will surely be a hit on Father’s Day — or set the tone for your summer luau. Whatever the occasion, these handmade cards are sure to brighten anyone’s day.
Just check out our supplies list to get started. Then download our card template and tutorial below.
You Had Me at Aloha
Our Hawaiian shirt card harnesses the vibrant colors of summer with a fun hibiscus pattern and dark green palm fronds on a light blue background. The inside of this tropical-inspired card is blank, ideal for a heartfelt message or handwritten invitation.
Once completed, your card slips easily into any standard A7 envelope. Or you can easily make your own envelope like we did! We chose a color from our Conifer Pack for this card, but it would look just as good peeking out of a dark green or coral envelope. For a little pop, consider adding a bold liner for contrast.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: You can make your own envelope like we did using our 12×12″ frosted paper.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Detail Scissors or Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Tombow – Adhesive Dots Dispenser
- Glue Stick
- Lia Griffith Cardstock Paper — Snowbound, Aquatint, Pine Forest, Tuscan Sun, Mandarin, and Orange Sherbet
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper (optional — for envelope)
How to Make a Hawaiian Shirt Card
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download our zip file below.
- Cut all of the pieces using a cutting machine. Fold the outer shirt layer along the seams.
- Using roller glue attach the top layer of shirt to the back layer of the shirt.
- Open the top layer of the shirt and attach the white undershirt with roller glue. This is where you can write your note!
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Planning a party? Don’t forget to check out these frosted paper hibiscus flowers and our luau party ideas to ensure all your tropical bases are covered. For more DIY ideas, you can find all of our tropical projects here.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I don’t see the collar in the SVG file?
Oops! Fixed now.