If you’ve been following us for awhile, then you know that we love to make our own table decor. For our fall collection, Lindsay designed some papercut herb napkin rings that are super simple to make. They are so simple, in fact, that we have just three steps for you to follow below in our instructions.
Because the pattern is intricate, we recommend using a cutting machine for this project. Otherwise, you can cut the herb shapes out by hand with a detail knife.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
It’s thyme to eat!
Fall and winter are always a natural time for more get-togethers. And even if your dinner party is smaller this year, setting a pretty table for just your immediate family to gather around can still be just as satisfying. You can use these herb napkin rings for your next holiday meal — or if you want to have a fancy dinner night on a random weekday!
To make our herb napkin rings, we used some of our new frosted paper colors. Gold is always a great accent that goes with any color scheme, plus our new metallic pack includes 10 different gold tones to choose from. We also have new bind wire in our shop, which we put to good use for this DIY project.
When you’re ready to make your napkin rings, we have five different herb shapes to choose from in our template below. There’s no photo tutorial for this project since it is so easy to make. But if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
- Download the template below if cutting by hand or the SVG file if you’re using a cutting machine.
- Cut bind wire to approximately 48″ long. Start wrapping the wire around your hand so the diameter of the ring is around 2.5″. Wrap until there are 5 individual rings, leaving about 5″ of wire out. Gather the bottom rings together, then wrap the remaining wire around them to bind together.
- Cut the herbs out from gold frosted paper, then shape with a curling tool. Mix and match the herbs, then glue 3-4 along the top of the napkin ring.
Pair your herb napkin rings with our crepe paper pear branch and frosted paper luminaries to create the perfect autumn-inspired table. Then browse the rest of our October Collection for more DIY projects, or see all of our paper decor ideas.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Scissors and Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member