Let the Good Times Roll
Trends from the past always seem to circle back. And we love that roller skating has become popular again! This month’s craft collection has a retro feel to it, including these roller skate valentines that Krista designed.
This project includes a Print-Then-Cut version (for those of you making them for a whole class of kids) and an outline version for kids to color. Just check out our supplies list below and download what you need below.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
These roller skate valentines include two designs with different sayings. The star version says, “I like the way you roll,” and the daisy version says, “You’re wheelie fun, Valentine.” These are simple to cut and layer, and for the finishing touch, we laced a string of yarn through the holes to act like laces.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
There are a few versions of this project available for download. To make your roller skate valentines as shown in the photos, follow these steps:
- Download the “SVG with Print Then Cut” compressed file to find 4 PNG files and an SVG. Upload the PNGs into Design Space as a Print Then Cut. You should not need to select any cut-outs because it has a transparent background with the cutout already made.
- Upload into your canvas and resize the skates to 6″ tall (it will initially upload large). Follow Cricut’s instructions for how to print.
- Upload the SVG file for all of the cardstock details, resizing to the measurements indicated if DS resizes them. Cut out in cardstock colors of your choice.
- Glue details onto the skate using a glue stick.
- Lace through the holes using yarn or decorative ribbon.
For a more fuss-free version, you can download the “Print Then Cut” compressed file to find 8 PNG files: 4 in color with all of the details and 4 in black and white outlines for coloring to get the kids involved. There is also a PDF version if you don’t mind a bit of hand-cutting.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, Scoring Tool & Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Cardstock or Cover Weight Printer Paper
- Cardstock Paper — Bright Pink, Yellow Orange, and Light Blue packs
- Glue Stick
- Yarn or Decorative Ribbon
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member