After what has felt like a long winter, we are very ready for summer gatherings outside! To help make your outdoor space feel more festive, Lindsay has designed these papercut tea light shades that you can hang with some twine or string.
Because the details of the design are intricate, we recommend using a cutting machine for this project. Both the SVG cut file and PDF template are at the end of the post, so you can always choose what you prefer.
Made in the shade
Once you string up your papercut tea light shades, you can leave them out all summer long (assuming it’s not going to rain or get too windy). Or you can just hang them up for your outdoor get-together and store them away for another time. Either way, this is a quick and easy project with your cutting machine!
For our tea light shades, we used a pretty metallic white paper so they stand out in the trees. However you could always make yours more colorful if you’d like. Or coordinate them with your color scheme if using them for a wedding, baby shower, or other special event.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Frosted Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallics Ice Gold
- Hanging Tea Light Candle Holders (includes brown twine)
- Download the SVG cut file below and cut designs from frosted text weight paper.
- Run a strip of hot glue down the tab on the right side of the lantern. Secure to other side of lantern and press to close.
- Place the papercut shades over the top of each tealight holder, then run twine (or ribbon or string of your choice) through the hooks.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.