This papercut woodland baby mobile is the most darling of decorations for your baby’s crib. Featuring a cute-as-can-be crew of forest friends, your little ones will be both comforted and charmed by this whimsical work of art. Simply gather the tools and materials listed below, then download either our SVG or PDF files. After cutting out the pieces, hang at alternating lengths from a wooden embroidery hoop using neutral colored threads. Make this project for a baby shower and give the sweetest of gifts at the party. The mom-to-be will adore something handcrafted and from the heart!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Adhesive Spray
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Extra Small Hole Punch – 1/16″
- Paper Source Text Weight Paper in Chartreuse, Moss, Mint, Persimmon, Papaya, Coral, Curry, Gravel, Slate, Paper Bag, and Soft White
- 12” Wooden Embroidery Hoop
- Wooden Bead – 5/8″
- Thread – tan or white
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out all of the paper pieces using a cutting machine (recommended). If you are cutting by hand, print out the PDF template and cut with an X-Acto blade.
- Use spray adhesive to attach the layers together. Each of the animals, mushrooms, and acorns should be three layers, double-sided.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the flowers, leaves, and other details onto the animals. You can pop up the bear’s and raccoon’s arms to hold the mushrooms. Fold the tiny leaves in half before gluing.
- Use an extra small hole punch to make a hole at the top-middle of each piece to hang. You might need a couple of holes for the bigger animals.
- Fold your leaves in half and curl with the edge of a scissors. Hole punch the end of the stem.
- Pop out the inner, solid part of the wooden embroidery hoop. Tie three long pieces of twine to the hoop, evenly spaced out. Knot them together in the middle.
- Slide on a wooden bead and knot the twine again on the opposite end.
- Tie thread onto all of the papercut pieces. Tie the other end to the hoop.
- Stagger the placement of all the papercut pieces. Fill in spots with more leaves.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Much love ~ Lia and Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.