These playful pom pom earrings are as fun to make as they are to wear. Follow our simple step-by-step instructions and wire wrapping video tutorial to make a pair of your very own. Never tried jewelry making before? Start dabbling with this project – super chic results no matter your experience level! Make them as a gift to yourself, or to a friend. Why not craft a pair in every color to match every outfit? Let your passion for pom poms run wild!
Tools & Materials
- Pom Pom Maker – extra small
- Wire Cutters
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- 6 Small Gold Beads – 3mm
- Gold Wire – 28 gauge
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Using the extra small pom pom maker, wrap with your choice of yarn color. We used Coral from Knit Picks.
- After you finish wrapping the yarn onto the pom pom maker, hold it closed and cut both sides following the guides.
- Using about 6” of wire, wrap it around the pom pom twice and tie it tight.
- Take the pom pom out of the pom pom maker.
- Trim the pom pom down to the desired size. Ours is about 1“ in diameter.
- Using the wire cutters, cut one side of the two wires down so it is not visible.
- Follow the steps in the video and use the connecting wire wrap technique to connect three gold beads.
- Complete another connecting wire wrap to attach the three gold beads to the pom pom.
- String the earring hook onto the earring, make any adjustments needed so that it hangs straight.
For more DIY jewelry ideas, click here.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and consider becoming a Lia Griffith member today. Remember to share photos of your finished felt projects using #LoveLia – your creativity inspires us! Lots of love ~ Lia & Team