Oh what fun flamingos are! These pom pom flamingos that Krista came up with are such a cute craft for kids and adults. Plus you can use them in different ways, like adding a key ring to create a keychain or hanging multiple to make a garland.
Though our tutorial shows only the small pom pom maker, our PDF template includes two other sizes if you want to make larger pom pom flamingos. Just check out our supplies list below to get started!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
To create these pom pom flamingos, we used yarn for the fluffy “feathers,” embroidery floss for the legs, and felt pieces for the head and feet. The final step is adding a loop at the top of the flamingo, making it easy to add to a key ring or garland. If you decide to make your own garland, you could even add some small tropical flowers and leaves from this felt tropical garland.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: Using acrylic yarn makes for a fluffier pom pom!
Other projects shown: Macrame handbag
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Pom Pom Flamingos
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download our template listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade. We are using the “small” flamingo with the small maker.
- With an arm of the pom pom maker open, firmly wind yarn from one end of the half circle to the other.
- Repeat, winding yarn on the other half.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this DIY idea? Check out all of our pom pom projects to see what else you can make.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Pom Pom Maker (tutorial shows small)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Sweet Pink, English Rose, and White
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Mauve (3688)
- Pink Yarn
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Posca Paint Pen – 1MR Ultra Fine Pen – Black
- Gold Key Ring (optional)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member