Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Our owl pom pom pals are crafting fun for all ages! An easy and adorable project that even the youngest of crafters can master. If you love creating these little critters, you’ll also love our fox and hedgehog pom pom pals. Why not craft a whole clan of fuzzy woodland friends?
Tools & Materials
- Pom Pom Maker
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Yarn in White, Camel Heather and Silver
- Felt in Brown, White, Castle and Mustard
- Pipe Cleaners in light brown
- Back Beads – 2 4mm beads
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Wrap the pom pom maker with 1/4 white yarn and 3/4 with all three yarns together.
- Finish your pom pom and trim the yarn so its all one length.
- Tie the two pom poms together with both white sides facing forward.
- Cut out the felt according to the template notes.
- Glue the black beads onto the centers of the yellow felt, then glue the beak pieces together. Finally, glue the white wings and tail on top of the tan wings and tail.
- Attach the eyes and beak using hot glue.
- Then, attach the wings and the tail, also using hot glue.
- Make a pair of feet out of two light brown pipe cleaners (refer to our Needle Felted European Robin tutorial for more details)
- Lastly, glue the feet onto the owl so it will stand.
Show Us What You’ve Got!
Use #MadeWithLia and show us what you’ve been working on! Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership today. Questions? Comments? Feel free to reach out anytime! We love hearing from you. Until next time ~ Lia & Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member