This Project’s a Hoot!
Our owl pom pom pals are crafting fun for all ages! An easy and adorable project that even the youngest of crafters can master. If you love creating these little critters, you’ll also love our fox and hedgehog pom pom pals. Why not craft a whole clan of fuzzy woodland friends?
Tools & Materials
- Pom Pom Maker
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Yarn in White, Camel Heather and Silver
- Felt in Brown, White, Castle and Mustard
- Pipe Cleaners in light brown
- Back Beads – 2 4mm beads
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Wrap the pom pom maker with 1/4 white yarn and 3/4 with all three yarns together.
- Finish your pom pom and trim the yarn so its all one length.
- Tie the two pom poms together with both white sides facing forward.
- Cut out the felt according to the template notes.
- Glue the black beads onto the centers of the yellow felt, then glue the beak pieces together. Finally, glue the white wings and tail on top of the tan wings and tail.
- Attach the eyes and beak using hot glue.
- Then, attach the wings and the tail, also using hot glue.
- Make a pair of feet out of two light brown pipe cleaners (refer to our Needle Felted European Robin tutorial for more details)
- Lastly, glue the feet onto the owl so it will stand.
Show Us What You’ve Got!
Use #MadeWithLia and show us what you’ve been working on! Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership today. Questions? Comments? Feel free to reach out anytime! We love hearing from you. Until next time ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I have had a hard time following the directions without a video. Do you think you could make one?
Sorry we do not have a video tutorial for this project. If there is a step you are struggling with let us know and we can clarify for you! 🙂
Hi, doyou know where I can get the Pom-Pom maker? Thanks
Your local craft story (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn) should carry them, but they’re also online! https://www.amazon.com/Clover-Large-Pom-Maker/dp/B000WV1XGC