These pom pom penguins are irresistibly adorable! Pom poms are so simple to create… a great project for even the smallest of crafters. Gather the tools and materials listed below, and craft along with our step-by-step photo tutorial. Turn into cute-as-can-be ornaments or gift as toys. For another pom pom holiday project, check out our pom pom gnomes.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Knit Picks Brava Worsted Yarn in Black and White
- Benzie Wool Blend Felt in Golden, Strawberry, and Smoke
- Metallic Pipe Cleaners in Silver and Red
- 1/4″ Black Beads
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Wrap the pom pom maker with three-quarters black yarn and one-quarter white yarn. Make two pom poms.
- Cut along the grooves in the pom pom maker
- Tie a five-inch piece of yarn around where you just cut, then remove the pom pom maker.
- Trim the pom poms.
- Tie the pom poms together with the extra yarn, with the white yarn facing forward on both.
- Trim any extra yarn from the pom poms, then trim between the two pom poms to define the neck.
- Cut out the felt according to the template notes using scissors.
- Curl both ends of the pipe cleaners inwards leaving two-inches in the middle to make the ear muffs.
- Using the hot glue gun glue, glue the feet, scarf, beak, eyes, and ear muffs to your penguin.
Loving these pom pom penguins? Explore more pom pom projects here. For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy Holidays ~ Lia & Team