Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Pineapples are such awesome fruits! Prickly yet sweet, majestic yet humble, and they are one of our favorite craft motifs. So here you are, another adorable pineapple craft project. Our take on pineapple earrings features pom poms, which make them soft, not prickly. Adorable and incredibly easy to make, this is the 30-minute project you need to craft if you want to look like one fine apple!
You’re the Pineapple of My Eye!
Like we said, they’re a breeze to create! The tools, materials, and step-by-step instructions can be found below, as well as the SVG and PDF downloads. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Micro-Tip Scissors (recommended)
- Clover Extra Small Pom Pom Maker
- Knit Picks Brava Sport Acrylic Yarn – Canary & Custard
- Felt on the Fly – Spring Green
- Gold Jewelry Chain
- 2 Gold Hook Earrings
- 2 Gold Looped Headpin
- Yellow Twine
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Make a small pom pom using 2 different shades of yellow yarn.
- Use a length of twine when tying off the pom pom, tying a double knot. This makes the pom pom hold together better when trimming it short.
- Trim the pom pom into a teardrop shape. It helps to keep the twine untrimmed to hold onto when trimming.
- Trim off the excess twine.
- Attach the chain to the looped headpin. You can also use gold jewelry wire, wrapped into a loop. Cut the chain to the desired length (our earrings are 1.75” long).
- Poke the end of the pin through the middle of the pom pom and out the top. Bend the wire with the loop barely visible, buried in the fibers.
- Wrap the straight wire around the base of the loop and trim close.
- Cut the pineapple top out of green felt using the pattern.
- Cut a small notch in the middle and run the chain through it.
- Glue the pineapple top on the pom pom, pushing it down slightly into the fibers.
- Attach the end of the chain to a hook earring.
Craft with Confidence!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member