It has been a while since we’ve designed some DIY coasters! These pressed leaf clay coasters are an easy project, perfect for all skill levels. They also can be made to fit whatever season you’re in — depending on the flowers and leaves you choose to use.
Since it’s fall time here, Meagan decided to use leaves for these clay coasters. We are lucky to live in the pacific northwest where there is plenty of greenery to choose from in our own backyards. But you can use whatever is around you, even if that means taking a leaf or flower from a store-bought plant!
Keep calm and clay on
There is something so calming about working with clay — or on any craft project really! To make your own pressed leaf clay coasters, just gather the tools and materials listed here. Then download our step-by-step photo tutorial at the end of the post. There is also a template to help you cut the shape of your coasters.
We would love to see how you get creative with this DIY idea, so be sure to share pictures with us by tagging #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- DAS Air-Hardening Modeling Clay — White
- Sand Paper 600 Grit
- Mod Podge
- Found Leaves, Sprigs, or Flowers
How to Make Pressed Leaf Clay Coasters
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download and cut out the template below.
- Roll out clay into a tube that is 1 inch thick and about 16 inches long.
- Cut off the ends of the tube using a detail knife, save the most uniform 12 inches of tube.
- Attach the two end of the tube to make a circle, use your fingers and a damp sponge to attach and smooth out the clay. Allow clay to dry completely.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.