This month we are giving you everything you need to create a fun outdoor adventure for your family — without having to leave your backyard. These 3D paper campers are simple to make, and the roof pops open so you can transform them into cute treat boxes! Just download the printable camper PDF below, which includes three camper colors to choose from and three black and white versions you can color yourself.
If you have a Cricut and want to use the Print Then Cut feature, we have included a zip file with JPEGs. However, we do recommend cutting out your paper camper with a craft knife for best results!
If you are making this printable camper with your kids, make sure to have them color their camper before cutting out the design. After you cut out the camper with your craft knife, they can assemble this project and, depending on their age, may need some assistance from you. Once the campers are assembled, your kids can use them as toys, and for an extra fun surprise, you can fill them with small candies or other treats.
This printable camper is part of a whole series of creative outdoor activities we’ve designed for June. So if you want more ideas, make sure to check out this month’s craft collection!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (optional — for Cricut’s Print Then Cut)
- Detail Knife (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Bone Folder or Curling Tool
- Cutting Mat
Instructions for Printable Camper
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Note: if you want to use Cricut’s Print then Cut feature for this project, see the second page in our instructions PDF. Keep in mind, Cricut’s maximum print size is 9.25″x6.75″ so the design will be scaled down significantly.
- Print out the campers onto cardstock or cover weight printer paper.
- Cut out the camper using a detail cutting knife (recommended for the smaller pieces) and scissors.
- Cut with a detail knife following the bottom contour of both wheels. This allows the camper to sit up on its wheels.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more DIY inspiration, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. We also have video tutorials to help you make paper flowers and plants, decorate with DIY décor, and more. To start crafting with us, sign up for a Lia Griffith membership.
Want to be featured on our social media pages? Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your DIY projects. We can’t wait to see what you create! ~ Lia & team