Phalaenopsis orchids are such beautiful flowers. And so hardy too! Although they typically bloom once or twice a year and last up to four months, we still like to craft them out of paper so we can enjoy these pretty flowers year-round. We have designed a few different paper orchids over the years, but this is the first paper Phalaenopsis orchid we have made that features a watercolor wash.
We have created the watercolor wash for you, so there’s no need to paint your petals! All you have to do is download our watercolor design below and print it onto your paper.
Easy Peasy Paper Orchid
Phalaenopsis orchids come in many different colors and patterns, leaving a lot of room for creativity. Since we have made purple and white orchids before using solid colors, we decided to do a blend of pinks and purples for our paper Phalaenopsis orchid. We also wanted to vary the color within our petals, which is why we designed a watercolor wash.
We chose a frosted pink paper for this flower, but you can always try out a different paper color with our watercolor wash. Frosted paper on its own will give your flowers some depth and dimension. So the watercolor look is just another way to make your flowers stand out.
When you’re ready to craft your paper Phalaenopsis orchid, just follow the tutorial below. This flower is very easy to make and will look so pretty in your home. Since they’re popular houseplants, you could also craft one to give as a gift.
Once you’re finished crafting, we’d love to see your version of this orchid! Share it on our Facebook page for members. Or tag #MadeWithLia if you share pictures on your own social pages. Happy crafting! ~ Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Curious Metallic Botanic and Stardream Metallic Coral
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Orange Deep and Yellow Medium
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
How to Make a Paper Phalaenopsis Orchid
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Download the watercolor wash PDF. Then print onto your frosted paper.
- Cut your paper according to the template notes, using your scissors or a cutting machine.
- Paint details on orchid centers with your paintbrush and acrylic paints.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!