One of fall’s ultimate super flowers is the golden, gorgeous sunflower. Unbeknownst to some, sunflowers can come in a variety of colors and shades, not just ubiquitous yellow. This Crepe Paper Plum Sunflower is the first we’ve designed, and we’re so excited to introduce this pretty purple flower for this month’s Member Make workshop.
Below, you’ll find a list of the tools and materials you’ll need to make your crepe paper plum sunflower. If you’d like to be extra prepared, feel free to download and cut the flower pattern ahead of time, then join us on Friday, September 22 at 12:00 noon PST for our live workshop! If you miss it, no worries; we’ll post the video here!
Plum’s the Word
We love the romantic feel of this purple-petaled sunflower and feel it’s such an appropriate choice for this transition into fall. The petals fade from golden burgundy to creamy white, similar to a freshly bitten plum. The light edges and deepening centers of this flower will add beautiful contrasting tones to your floral arrangements.
We consider this an advanced-level craft, but don’t let that intimidate you. Our Member Make is designed to be collaborative and supportive — so give it a try; you won’t be alone. We’ll walk you through all the steps, like adding a bit of yellow and magenta to the center of your flower with PanPastel to give it a little dimension. Also, the centers of these are densely packed fringe, so you’ll want to be sure to have your fringe clip and detail scissors on hand.
We’re especially excited to see your crepe paper plum sunflowers when you’re all finished, so make sure to share them with us! Post your photos on our crafter’s community page or on Instagram with the hashtag #MemberMake.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Blending Brushes
- Fringe Clip
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Vanilla & Chiffon
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Fern & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Espresso/Caffe, Chiffon, and Juniper
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss (optional)
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Colored Pencils – Process Red
- PanPastel® Artist Pastel – Diarylide Yellow 250.5
- PanPastel® Artist Pastel – Magenta Extra Dark 430.1
- PanPastel® Artist Pastel – Hansa Yellow 220.3
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.