With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, we are channeling our inner Irish goddesses with this DIY fairy head wreath. The crown is adorned with shamrocks and pretty blooms, and we used the extra fine crepe for a more delicate look. This is a fun accessory to wear for St. Patrick’s Day, but you could also easily customize it for a party or wedding crown. This shamrock crown mixes beautiful greens with creamy whites and happy purples for a gorgeous design that you can show off any time of year.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Cypress, White, Chiffon
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Vine Wire – Brown
- Floral Tape
- White Colored Pencil
- Art Markers (green, yellow, purple)
- Ribbon (your choice!), 32 inches
- Gather tools and materials listed above.
- Print the PDF template below and cut your crepe pieces according to the pattern, cutting with the grain lines.
- Glue a 3-inch piece of 26 gauge wire between 2 clover leaves with a slight overlap. Twist the base of the paper around the wire to make it look a bit more natural.
- Draw details on leaves with a white pencil.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Find links for all the paper materials in Shop this Project below. If this is your first time crafting with crepe paper, we always recommend watching our Crepe Paper 101 video for tips and tricks on cutting and working with the material. To add the color details to the flowers, we used Copic brand markers, but any brush marker from your local craft store should work well. Our fairy head wreath is totally adjustable, and we especially love using the ribbon as an opportunity for more beautiful customization. Our favorite brand for ribbon is May Arts.
If you are feeling inspired to make more flower crowns, pop over to our peony and rose head wreath. Find all of crepe paper flower tutorials, and stay tuned for a potted shamrock project that is fabulous for adding a touch of greenery to your desk. Browse our St. Patrick’s Day crafts, or join in on the crafty fun on our membership page. Get in on the creative process by adding your project suggestions to the comments below – we love making reader inspired DIYs! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.