Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Capture the perfect sunset with this southwest sunset felt banner. This project combines felt and embroidery to create a beautiful piece of wall art that radiates creativity. Hang it in your home to remind yourself to shine a little brighter and embrace the beauty at the close of each day. You’ll find everything you need to make your felt banner below so you can get to crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Rose Quartz, Mustard, Salmon, and Crimson
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Very Light Shell Pink (224), Very Dark Straw (3852) , Light Terracotta (3778), Very Dark Shell Pink (221), and Ecru
- Canvas Fabric
- Wooden Dowel – 5/16”, cut to 15” long
- Cotton Twine
- Yarn – Knit Picks Brava Sport in “Caution” / Similar
- Wooden Bead – 3/8″
- Piece of cardboard – about 2”x5”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Print, cut out, and tape the banner pattern together. Cut banner out of canvas following the pattern (mirroring the pattern along edge). You can hem the edges or fray them slightly, as shown in the tutorial.
- Fold and press the top edge of the banner down 1”. Pin in place. Sew the edge closed about 1” down from the top, making small decorative “X” straight stitches on the front side with matching embroidery floss. Ensure that there is enough room to slide the wooden dowel into the folded down portion.
- Cut felt according to pattern.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member