Sweetness and Light
Ambient lighting is quite possibly the single most important factor in making a house a home. This strand of summer string lights have the transformative power of turning an average space into a wonderland. Turn off loud overhead lighting and switch on some fairy lights – as cozy as can be, you’ll love how quick and fun it is to put together this simply stylish string of lights. Light up your life!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Vellum Paper – Cricut vellum brights sampler – yellow, blue, magenta
- Double Sided Tape
- String Lights
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut and score the paper according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the paper along the score marks.
- Fold the paper into the shape and use the double sided tape on each tab to hold it together. Do not tape the side with the hole.
- Unscrew a light bulb and place it through the hole in the paper, then screw the light back into place. Then tape the tab closed over the light bulb.
- Repeat steps 3-5 and place a cover over each light.
For our vellum paper, we used Cricut’s Vellum Brights Sampler which includes yellow, blue and magenta vellum. For our strand of lights, we found a clear globe string from Target.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and become a member today at LiaGriffith.com. Have any burning crafting questions? Always feel free to reach out – we love hearing your feedback. Remember too use #LoveLia when sharing photos of your finished work… we love to see what our crafting family has been up to. Much love ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] lighting, it will also present stunning wall decorations and make your walls stand out more. Geometric String Light from […]
These will be such fun to make and use out on our grill gazebo. Can I find the vellum paper at craft store or will I need to send for from Cricut? Vellum paper like that isn’t available here in colors at office supply.
You should be able to find it at your craft store!