Start off the school year in style with these no-time-at-all treat-chains – as sweet as can be! This fast and fun project is a great way to get your students excited for back to school. Get a group of friends together for one last hoorah and make these keychains as souvenirs of the the summer gone by. You’ll have fun crafting together and they’ll be excited to show off their cool new swag with friends and classmates. Perfect for accessorizing a backpack or clipping on zippers. Why not make a whole batch to share and trade with friends? Fiskars has such a wide selection of punch shapes and sizes – great for personalizing! These sweet keychains for back to school are a must-craft this school season. Take a bite out of this project!
Tools & Materials
- Multi-Colored Paper
- White Glue
- Blunt Tip Kids Scissors
- Circle Lever Punch – Large 2″
- 1/8″ Hole Punch
- 1/4″ Hole Punch
- Scallop Punch
- Ribbon, Embroidery Floss and/or Chain
- Silver Keychain Ring
- Print the template and cut out shapes for donut icing, ice cream, cones, popsicles and sticks.
- Use the large circle punch to punch donut and cookie shapes out of light brown or kraft paper.
- Use the 1/4″ hole punch with brown paper to create chocolate chips for the cookies, and the 1/8″ hole punch on various shades of blue, pink, white and brown paper to make sprinkles. Use white glue to stick to your sweets.
- Use the scallop punch to take a bit out of your sweets!
- Punch a hole in the top of the sweet, then tie a ribbon, embroidery floss bracelet or chain. Hook a silver keychain ring on the end.
Instead of attaching to a chain, we used ribbon and embroidery floss – attach a friendship bracelet for double the fun! Skip attaching a ring to the end and use these treat-chains as bookmarks.
Craft With Us!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest or become a member to start crafting with us! Reach out with your questions and commentary – we love hearing from you. And don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your completed creations! You are our biggest inspiration. Until next time ~Lia & team