Tropical at the Top!
Want to feel fancy but also like you’re on a faraway island? Mix elegance with tropical by crafting this gorgeous paper chandelier! Ideal for brunch parties, bridal showers, and for any summer barbecue, you’ll want to save this particular project for any fun in the sun.
What’s surprising about this craft is that it’s simple to make! Gather the tools and materials, then download the PDF or SVG templates. Follow our step-by-step instructions, either below in the photo tutorial or as a downloaded PDF. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Paper-Papers Text Weight Paper – Stardream Metallic “Coral” & Basic Colors “Coral”
- Paper Source “Chartreuse” Paper
- 1” Dowel
- 26-gauge Green Floral Wire
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut two dowels to 24″, cut another two to 16″.
- Place the two 24″ dowels across from each other 15 inches apart, then place the 16″ dowels on top laying across the 24″ dowels on either end.
- Use hot glue to hold the dowels together at each corner, then secure them by wrapping string around them in a figure eight.
- Tie a 2′ string to each corner.
- Tie all 4 strings together at the top for hanging, check that it is hanging straight.
- Cut out the flowers according to template notes.
- Curl the flowers using the curling tool.
- Glue the flowers into shape.
- Glue a leaf onto the backside of some flowers.
- Cut ten 24″ pieces of string.
- Tie a knot at the end of the string.
- Thread a flower onto the string facing down.
- Tie a knot 2″ above the flower.
- Thread another flower onto the string, repeat until the string is filled with flowers. Repeat steps 12 – 16 with all 10 strings.
- Use wire to attach live greenery around your hanging centerpiece, then add your flowers.
Craft in No Time at All!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team