Whip up some of these whimsical felt trees for a whole forest of winter woodland magic. Add these snow-topped stuffies to your holiday tree or set them up as a whimsical winter scene with a few of our felt gnomes and some felt snowballs. Simply gather the tools and materials below and craft along with our photo tutorial. If using your Cricut Maker, download our SVG patterns. Alternatively, if cutting by hand, download the PDF version.
- Benzie Felt in Moss, Meadow, Evergreen and White
- Embroidery Floss in Dark Green (890), Green (3346) and White (3865)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Sew the side of the felt base, then sew the circle to the bottom. Leave a small opening.
- Fill your tree with polyfill, then sew it shut.
- Sew the sides of the top layers.
- Place the tree layers onto the base with the sewn seams lined up. Use embroidery floss and pull thread through from the back about half an inch up the felt piece.
- Stitch from the bottom of the layer to the side of the previous stitch.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Thread through the base of the stitch and out under the felt layer.
- Tie a knot in the string, then cut off any excess string.
- Add a layer of white on top to create snow-topped trees.
Questions? Feedback? Don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects – you never fail to inspire us! Happy Holidays, crafters ~ Lia & Team