No bridal shower is complete until you have a gorgeous backdrop for your bar or for pictures. Luckily, we have an out-of-this-world backdrop curtain made out of wood and beads for you to craft! It’s a simple yet elegant way to adorn your party with a DIY vibe.
And the best part? It’s really easy to make! All you do is gather the tools and materials, then follow our step-by-step instructions below or download them for later. Make sure to download the SVG or PDF templates too for your leaves up top!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- 1” Wood Beads
- Cotton String
- 1” Dowel
- Paper-Papers Text Weight Paper:
- 24-gauge Green Paper Covered Floral Wire
- Long Needle
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut twenty 5-foot lengths of string, thread one end through a long needle.
- Tie a double knot at the other end of the string.
- Thread a bead onto the string and let it rest on the knot.
- Tie a double knot about 4in about the bead.
- Thread the second bead onto the string, repeat until you have 9 beads spaced on one string.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with all 20 strings, tie all of the beaded strings to your dowel spacing them about 2in apart.
- Trim o any excess string.
- Cut out paper leaves according to template notes, then shape them using the curling tool.
- Use wire and hot glue to attach the paper leaves and other greenery to the dowel.
Come Craft with Us!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LG community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team