Ready to decorate your Christmas tree? Designed by Meagan, these wood ring and wood bead macrame ornaments are a fun and easy holiday craft for beginners. If you already have plenty of ornaments, you could make them as gifts for friends and family, or use them as gift toppers.
When you’re ready to start crafting, check out our supplies list below. Then download our step-by-step tutorial at the end of the post.
You Bead to Make These Ornaments for Christmas
Similar to some of our other DIY crafts in this month’s collection, these wood bead macrame ornaments would be a great project to make with friends at a holiday gathering. Or if you have older kids, they might also like crafting these with you. Just grab your favorite macrame cord colors, put on a holiday music playlist, and enjoy some cozy craft time at home!
In addition to crafting these wood bead macrame ornaments as stocking stuffers or gift toppers, they are also small and light enough to hang on our crepe paper pine branches. As always, we’d love to see your version of these ornaments and how you decorate with them, so be sure to share photos on our crafters community page or on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Beginner
Other projects shown: Crepe paper pine cone branches
- Craft Scissors
- Wire Brush or Comb
- 4mm Macrame Cord — Natural and Saffron
- Lia Griffith Natural Wood Macrame Beads — 1-inch and 1.5-inch
- Lia Griffith Natural Wood Ring
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green (optional)
How to Make Wood Ring & Wood Bead Macrame Ornaments
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Note: There is no PDF template or SVG file for this project.
- Cut a piece of cardboard that is 5 inches tall and 3 to 5 inches wide.
- Wrap the cord around the 5-inch piece of cardboard 10 times.
- Thread a 24-inch cord between the wrapped cords and the cardboard at the top of the cardboard.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.