There are so many ways to get creative with macrame cord! This month, Meagan has designed some woven macrame wall decor that will look so pretty in your home and is really easy to make.
No template necessary for this DIY idea — just download our tutorial below for step-by-step guidance.
Weave some wall decor
If you love the look of macrame but aren’t quite ready to master all the knots, this DIY project is perfect for you. It’s also a really great project for older kids interested in crafting! Our photo tutorial will show you how to place and thread your macrame strands to create your own woven macrame wall decor that you can hang up in any room.
Another fun thing about this wall decor is you can use either side. You can see in the photos how one side displays a more obvious diamond shape while the other side is more subtle. We’d love to see your version, so make sure to share it with us on our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: Use contrasting colors so the design will really pop!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Wire Brush or Comb
- 4mm Macrame Cord — Gray Blue and Saffron (or browse all of our colors!)
- Embroidery Hoop – 7″ (inner hoop only)
How to Make Woven Macrame Wall Decor
- Gather your craft tools and materials.
- Cut 22 13-inch pieces of gray blue cord and 11 13-inch pieces of the saffron cord.
- Beginning with the gray blue cord, lay one cord across the center of the inner embroidery hoop.
- Bring one end of the cord around the hoop then cross it over itself.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.