As seen on our 2017 Christmas tree, these simple 3D paper tree ornaments are a must-craft this holiday season. We made ours in shades of red, burgundy and green, but feel free to get creative with cardstock colors to match your own Christmas color scheme. Gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our step-by-step photo tutorial for terrific tree ornaments made oh-so easy…
- Recollections Cardstock Paper in Scarlet, Carnival Red and Forest Green
- Pen-Touch Paint Pen in Gold
- Gold Embroidery Floss
- Tacky Glue
- 26-Gauge Wire
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the paper according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold a 2” piece of wire over the pliers, then twist the wire together to form a small circle.
- Crease the cut-out trees along the score marks.
- Glue half of two trees together.
- Then glue a third tree to one half of one of the trees that are already glued together.
- Next, glue half of the fourth tree to the other half of the last tree glued.
- Finally, glue the wire circle for hanging in the seam at the top of the tree, then glue your last tree over it and to the trees on either side.
- Thread a 4“ piece of gold floss through the circle and tie it for hanging.
- Color all the edges of the tree with the gold paint pen.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.