Don’t you just wish you could have a wreath for every season, summer included? With this handcrafted DIY wreath, now you can celebrate no matter the weather! This gorgeous tissue paper star wreath gives you that Americana look that’s perfect for 4th of July and the rest of summer. And the best part? It’s super easy to make!
Simply gather the tools and materials, then follow the instructions below (or download them). Be prepared this summer by crafting this timeless DIY wreath!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Americana Tissue Paper
- DMC “Light Old Gold (676)” Embroidery Floss
- White 8.5” x 11” Cardstock
- Spray Adhesive
- 12” and 8” Metal Gold Hoops
- Gather tools and materials.
- Use spray adhesive to cover the cardstock with a single sheet of tissue paper, trim excess tissue from the edge, repeat with all tissue colors.
- Using scissors or a cutting machine cut a variety of star sizes out from the tissue covered cardstock, use the pattern provided.
- Use hot glue to glue the stars around 3/4th of the larger hoop, we placed the large stars in the middle then gradually the smaller stars.
- Flip the wreath over and apply extra glue over the hoop onto the star, repeat with every star.
- Use 2-3 layers of mounting tape to attach the same color star in a size smaller to each of the larger stars.
- Using gold embroidery floss and glue attach the smaller hoop to the inside of the large hoop.
Craft Your Entire Summer!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team