A handmade wreath is a fun and simple way to get your home ready for a new season—or celebrate an upcoming holiday. And sometimes, it can be both! Our DIY star wreath gives you that Americana look that’s perfect for 4th of July and the rest of summer.
It’s also super easy to make with our template and step-by-step tutorial.
Stars and Stripes (and Wreaths)
The 4th of July calls for patriotic decor, fireworks, and barbecues. Even if you’re not having a 4th of July party, this DIY star wreath is a fun one to hang up on your door or wall. Simply gather the tools and materials you will need for this project, and then follow the instructions below.
You may have noticed that we’ve been using our Americana tissue paper for all sorts of 4th of July crafts. Our DIY star wreath uses every paper in the pack except for the gold star pattern. But of course you can always use it in your wreath!
If you need some more ideas for the holiday, make sure to check out this post with our favorite 4th of July party ideas. Or let us know if you want to make something in particular and we’ll add it to our craft list. You can also see what other members are crafting and share which projects of ours you’re working on by using #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Tissue Paper – Americana
- DMC Light Old Gold (676) Embroidery Floss
- White 8.5″x11″ Cardstock
- Spray Adhesive
- 12″ and 8″ Metal Gold Hoops
How to: Make a DIY Star Wreath
- Gather the craft tools and materials above. Then download the star template or SVG file below.
- Use spray adhesive to cover the cardstock with a single sheet of tissue paper; trim excess tissue from the edge and repeat with all tissue colors.
- Using scissors or a cutting machine, cut a variety of star sizes out from the tissue-covered cardstock (use the pattern provided).
- Use hot glue to glue the stars around 3/4th of the larger hoop; we placed the large stars in the middle, then gradually the smaller stars.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Craft Your Entire Summer!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, SVG cut files, and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind, and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY projects.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials, complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.