Sometimes we want a DIY project that works well for a certain season or holiday. And this is one of those projects! The colors that our designer Krista used for this paper dahlia wreath make it perfect for both fall and Halloween. We can’t wait to hang this one up! Scroll down to see how you can make your own paper dahlia wreath.
Make Your Dahlias Shine
Our designer Krista used metallic paper from PaperPapers to give these dahlias a little shine and shimmer. She also used a black art marker to further darken these purple petals.
When you’re ready to craft your paper Dahlia wreath, gather the tools and materials below. We recommend using a cutting machine for this one since there are some intricate details. You can find the SVG file for this dahlia wreath at the very end of this post.
If you’re using scissors to make this wreath, we’ve also included a PDF template for you. Then just follow the instructions or photo tutorial below! You can also download and print instructions if that’s easier.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Black, Burgundy, and Metallic Onyx
- Art Marker – Blick Studio Black and Colorless Blender Markers
- Black Spray Paint or Acrylic Paint
- 12″ Wooden Embroidery Hoop
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out paper pieces according to template. The flowers are cut out of fig and black, and the leaves and ferns are a mix of black and onyx.
- Starting with the 4 smaller black, inner flower pieces, curl the tips of the petals inward using a curling tool or edge of scissors.
- Form the 3 smallest identical pieces into cones and glue the sides together along the slit.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Explore More Seasonal Projects
We also share new ideas every day on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube, so make sure to follow us there. Have something you want to share with us? We love to see what you’re working on! Just post your DIY projects on Instagram and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
You can also join our crafting community and gain access to all of our DIY projects. We’re talking printable patterns, SVG files, and more! If you want to check out our membership options, visit our membership page to see the full list of benefits.