Valentines usually go hand-in-hand with treats, so we came up with this adorable way to gift some handheld candy for the occasion! Lollipops are so easy for a sweet valentine, and dressing them up is really simple with a little bit of paper. You can craft enough of these bumble bee valentine lollipops for the whole class in under an hour, and you only need a few basic materials.
Tools & Materials
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Low Temp Hot Glue Gun or (Double Stick) Tape
- Black Tissue Paper
- White Cardstock
- Black Washi Tape (optional)
- Download the printable valentine file below. Use the PNG file with a cutting machine, or the PDF if you are cutting by hand.
- Print the valentine and trim, or use the print then cut feature with your cutting machine. If you are cutting by hand, you can use a craft knife to create the slits in the bee’s body.
- Cut a circle of black or yellow tissue paper to cover the lollipop.
- Cover the lollipop, gather the tissue around the stem, then wrap a pretty black washi tape down the stem to secure the tissue.
- Fill out the valentine and slip the lollipop through the slits.
- Use hot glue or tape to attach the bumble bee face and enjoy!
If you love variety as much as we do, don’t miss our round up that includes all of our favorite printable valentines on the site. For more ideas for valentine lollipops, check out our tissue lollipop angels. Or, let this easy technique inspire you to make your own lollipop characters! Find all of our Valentine’s Day projects, or take a look at our membership page to start downloading. Let us know what projects you want to craft next by leaving a comment below. We are always delighted to see the projects you make with our tutorials, so feel free to share your photos with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLia! Until next time ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.