Our burgundy felt ranunculus is the perfect flower to make if you love Halloween and are looking for more of an elegant decoration that isn’t overly seasonal. Not only can you keep these beauties out on your mantel or table long past the 31st, but you can bring them out year after year to enjoy throughout the fall and winter months.
Since there are a lot of petals to cut, we recommend using your Maker or Cameo 4 with our SVG file. However, you can always cut your felt pieces by hand using our printable template.
The ranunculus can be a bit more complex to assemble than other types of flower. But if you’ve made our previous felt ranunculus, you’ll have no problem with this darker, moodier version. Designed by Krista, you’ll see in her tutorial below how she uses a combination of black and merlot felt plus a black art marker to create an ombre effect with the petals.
We’d love to see your version of these burgundy felt ranunculus flowers and how you decorate with them! Make sure to post photos on our crafters community page or on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Beginner-Intermediate due to the large amount of petals you’ll need to assemble
Crafting tip: In addition to making a simple bouquet, you can also use your burgundy felt ranunculus flowers to make a dark floral crown for your Halloween costume. If you aren’t into a full-on costume, this can be a subtle way to dress up for the day — along with our favorite skeleton earrings!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Merlot, Black, and Eucalyptus
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Green
- 1 cm Black Wool Balls
- Art Markers — Karin Black
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
How to make a Burgundy Felt Ranunculus
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our flower template below.
- Cut out felt according to template using a cutting machine with a rotary blade (recommended) or scissors.
- Stretch the center of all of the petals to gently cup them. Depending on the felt, they may stretch more or less.
- Cut a slit up each petal (see PDF).
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.