Soft and Sweet
This gorgeous Camellia is the latest addition to our DIY felt flower projects. Pan Pastels give these flowers a realistic depth. Feel free to use various colors of pink as well to make your Camellias pop. We’ve listed out all of the steps and everything you need below so sharpen your scissors and get craftsy!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Benzie Design Wool Felt – Blush, Pink, Fern, Moss, Meadow
- PanPastel – Pearlescent Red, Bright Yellow Green
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 20 Gauge
- Lia Grith Floral Tape – Fern
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Glue and overlap the two bottom flaps of each petal.
- Using a sponge, apply Pearlescent Red Pan Pastel onto each petal’s base.
- Glue and curl one of smallest petals around the end of the wire.
- Continue to glue the smallest petals around; slightly rotate around the first petal.
- Continue to rotate and glue the remaining petals from smallest to largest.
- Glue sepal pieces onto the wire and around the base of the flower.
- Use an iron to create a crease down the middle of leaves. Glue wire between the leaf at the base.
- Use a sponge to apply Bright Yellow Green Pan Pastel in the center of the leaves.
- Cover wire stems of the flower and leaves.
- Attach the leaves with floral tape to flower stem.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team