One of our most popular trinket dishes is our monstera drop dish. So our designer Meagan decided to come up with a new leaf design for our August Collection that we think you’ll love! These clay leaf trinket dishes are in the shape of a leaf and have a pretty leaf design painted on them.
This is an easy project that you can use as a trinket dish for jewelry or as home decor. Just download our leaf template below and follow our tutorial to make your own version.
Play with Clay
These clay leaf trinket dishes are a fun and simple way to get creative. As always you can replicate what we did by using our pattern below as a guide. Or you can experiment with the type of leaf shape you make out of your clay and the leaf that you paint on. You can also use different watercolors when painting your leaves onto your trinket dishes.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- DAS Air-Hardening Modeling Clay — White
- Sand Paper 600 Grit
- Watercolor Pallet
- Mod Podge or Krylon Clear Spray
How to Make Clay Leaf Trinket Dishes
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the full photo tutorial below.
- Dampen clay if needed, then press clay into a bowl; try to evenly distribute the clay.
- With a damp art sponge, smooth out the surface of the clay.
- Using a detail knife or ceramic straight needle, cut out a shape for your dish.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!