Add a touch of sweetness to your holiday tree with these colorful and cute 3D papercut ornaments. With simple lines and solid colors, these ornaments evoke a retro candy feel. Their whimsy comes in the way that they twirl around, creating a striped visual effect as they turn.
If these ornaments aren’t quite your style, we have plenty of other DIY ornaments on our site for you to craft. From macramé to felt to copper, we’ve created many different looks using all kinds of materials.
For these 3D papercut ornaments, we used the same paper palette as our DIY advent calendar and “Happy Christmas” banner. Why not make all of these projects for a color-coordinating Christmas? If you do end up crafting these DIY ideas, make sure to share them with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper – Curious Skin Emerald, Red; Poptone Pink Lemonade, Spearmint, Whip Cream; and FAV Shimmer Pure Gold
- Embroidery Floss or Thread (to match)
- Tacky Glue
How to Make 3D Papercut Ornaments
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out your paper according to the pattern (a cutting machine is recommended). Cut two in each color. Fold each piece in half lengthwise.
- Glue two halves together using a flat paintbrush to apply the tacky glue. Match up the edges as close as possible.
- Glue together four pieces to make half of the ornament.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. And sign up for your own Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.