As seen in Better Homes & Gardens, you’ll simply adore crafting our copper geometric ornaments. This holiday season, give your tree a more modern feel with this DIY decor. Just gather the tools and materials listed below, and craft along with out step-by-step photo tutorial. Make just one or create enough for a whole holiday tree!
Tools & Materials
- Wire Cutters
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Tubing Cutter
- 1/8” Copper Tubing
- 1/8” Brass Tubing
- Copper Wire – 20-gauge
- Gold Wire – 26-gauge
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Using the tubing cutter and the clamp, cut twelve pieces of 3” copper tubing and twelve pieces of 1.5″ brass tubing. Clamp the tube to a table to make cutting easier.
- Thread an 18” piece of copper wire through four pieces of the copper tubing. Secure the two ends together to form a diamond.
- Make a second diamond shape and connect the two diamonds to make a 3D diamond. Then secure them together using the copper wire.
- Take an 18“ piece of the copper wire and thread a copper piece onto it, then connect it between two points of the diamond
- Repeat step five between the remaining three points using the same 18” piece of copper wire.
- At the top of the diamond create a loop with the copper wire and secure it using the wire wrap technique.
- Repeat steps 3-6 with the 1.5” brass tubing and the gold wire, then hang it from the center of the larger copper diamond using the gold wire.
Become a Member
Questions? Feedback? We want to hear from you! For a chance to have your work featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when posting photos of your latest projects. Happy Holidays ~ Lia & Team