Crepe paper cosmos are one of our favorite crepe paper flowers for beginners, and now we are showing you how to take the project up a notch by building your own wreath out of them. Hearts have been on our minds because Valentine’s Day is coming up, but this flower heart wreath can be a great DIY any time of year. Heart shaped wreaths are of course popular for weddings, and they can also be a cute door hanger for your bedroom or office.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Paper Covered Floral Wire
- Extra Fine Crepe (for blooms)
- Text Weight Green Metallic Paper (for leaves)
- 20 Gauge Floral Wire
- Create a heart shaped wreath form by wrapping paper covered wire 3-5 times into your shape of choice.
- Use the template and tutorial for our crepe cosmos to craft a number of blooms.
- Cut the leaves according to the template on various shades of green paper.
- Trim the floral wire stems to about 2-3 inches long.
- Slip the stems through the wreath form, wrap the wire a bit and glue into place.
- Use a hot glue gun to arrange the leaves around the blooms.
Find the template for the leaves with the cosmos template. There is also an SVG file to use with a cutting machine. We cut our leaves onto Botanic, Lime Satin and Fairway metallic paper. We wouldn’t recommend anything heavier than text weight – you’ll want a light paper to complement the delicate extra fine crepe. The great thing about creating your own wreath form is being able to customize the size, but you can also find a nice variety of pre-made forms at your local craft store. Arrange the blooms and leaves in any way that you like, and feel free to play around with different colors of crepe. Find our entire crepe selection in our shop.
More Gorgeous Flowers
If you’re feeling inspired to make another DIY wreath, browse through all of our crepe paper flowers! You can use this flower heart wreath technique with any bloom or leaf design on the site. For more Valentine’s Day projects, head over here. Take a look at our membership options to start crafting with us, or leave a comment with a project you want to see on the site next. Until next time! ~ Lia & Team