As always, we are kicking off this month’s craft collection with our Member Make flower! On July 17th, we will be going live on YouTube at 11:00 a.m. PST to show our members how to make a crepe paper African daisy. In the meantime, you can get prepared for the live workshop by checking out our tools and materials list below.
If you have any questions before then, be sure to let us know! Before the live workshop, you can also download our daisy template or SVG file and cut your pieces ahead of time if you want to craft along with me and Meagan.
You make my daisy
It really makes our day when we see how much you enjoy Member Make. It’s such a fun way for us to interact with our members and, since it’s live, you get to see some very candid moments! If you’re unable to join us live, you can always the video later on your own time.
So let’s get to the project! We have made quite a few daisies over the years out of paper and felt. And since it’s been a couple of years since our last crepe paper daisy, we thought it would be fun to design a new variety. There are so many variations of flowers and Member Make is the perfect opportunity for us to try something new.
If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate. Otherwise, scroll on down for the tools and materials list plus the flower pattern.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for this crepe paper African daisy— listed below. Then download the printable flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on July 17th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this project with us! We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of this crepe paper African daisy. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; play around with your arrangement; or style your flowers in different ways.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper African daisy flowers! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: Cypress, Fern, Blush, and Chiffon & Enchanted Garden: Juniper, Mango, Poppy, Aubergine, Merlot and Raspberry
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- PanPastel — Magenta (430.5), Magenta Extra Dark (430.1), Magenta Tint (430.8), Orange (280.5), Diarylide Yellow (250.5), and Violet (470.5)
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Magenta (077), Salmon Pink (076), Merlot (128)
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Yellow Orange Deep, Pink Medium
As promised during Member Make, here are the color combinations we used for each flower!
Crepe Paper: Petals and Inner Petals (Raspberry), Stamen A and Stamen B1 (Aubergine), and Stamen B2 (Merlot)
PanPastel: Violet and Diarylide Yellow
Crepe Paper: Petals and Inner Petals (Blush), Stamen A (Aubergine), Stamen B1 (Fern), and Stamen B2 (Chiffon)
PanPastel: Magenta and Magenta Tint
Markers: Magenta and Salmon Pink
Crepe Paper: Petals and Inner Petals (Mango), Stamen A (Poppy), Stamen B1 (Mango), and Stamen B2 (Chiffon)
PanPastel: Magenta and Orange
Marker: Salmon Pink
To download this flower pattern and get instant access to all of our craft projects and Member Make workshops, become a member!