This DIY boutonniere is incredibly beautiful and made entirely using crepe paper. It features rosemary and lavender to add a natural touch. Pin it on your groom for your special day and keep it for years to come. The best thing about this project is that crepe paper lasts so you can save this boutonniere as a keepsake for the future. We’ll walk you through how to make your own DIY boutonnieres below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Double Sided Crepe Paper – “Ferns + Moss, “Green Tea + Cypress”
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper Lia Griffith– “Lilac”, “White”
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – “Ferns + Moss”
- Copic Maker – Blue (B95)
- Floral Wire – 24 gauge
- Green Ribbon – Offray “Dancer”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the pattern.
- Stretch the middle of each petal; use your curling tool to curl the top edge outwards.
- Glue and attach the petals around the end of the floral wire.
- Glue sepal around the base of the rose; use floral tape to cover the wire.
- Round the tips of each fringe piece with your detail scissors. Glue and wrap the rosemary fringe down and around the floral wire.
- Use your curling tool to slightly curl pieces outward. Use floral tape to cover the wire.
- Color the top edge of the lavender pieces, then fringe with your detail scissors.
- Glue and wrap the fringe down and around the floral wire. Use floral tape to cover the wire.
- Glue both sides of the leaf with wire between. Use floral tape to cover the wire.
- Use your curling tool to curl the leaf.
- Arrange all of the pieces into a boutonnière. Cut the excess wire at the end, then glue some ribbon around to secure it.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team