Here in Portland, lavender holds a special place in our hearts. During the warmer months, this aromatic plant blooms on seemingly every street corner — such a pretty perfume for our beloved city! With our latest project, make a few sprigs of crepe paper lavender to dress up your own home. Though they may be lacking in fragrance, just the sight of them alone will brighten your day. Simply gather the tools and materials below, and craft along with our step-by-step photo tutorial for crafting made easy.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Aubergine
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Green Floral Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to the pattern.
- Glue and wrap the longest strip of crepe paper around and down your floral wire, with loops facing upward.
- Use floral tape to cover about an inch of the floral wire.
- Continue adding the last two fringe pieces to the floral wire, with floral tape in between. Cover the remaining floral wire with floral tape.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Show us what you’re creating by using #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Much love ~ Lia and Team