As part of our Pacific Northwestern bouquet for Cricut, we bring you this helpful video tutorial to make your crafting just that much simpler. We absolutely adore these crepe paper dogwood branches, both in the bouquet and on their own. Made using the all-new Cricut Maker which will be available on August 20th, these branches are easier to craft than you would expect! Even if you don’t have access to the new Cricut cutting machine, we have created a set of PDF downloads for you to cut by hand. Either route will yield beautiful results. A sliver of Pacific Northwestern paradise… Create your own crepe paper dogwood branches today!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Double-Sided Crepe Paper – White & Vanilla and Ferns & Moss
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Green Tea
- Tan Art Marker – Tombow 992
- Tree Branch
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out your crepe paper according to our pattern, following the grain lines.
- Color the edge of the white crepe petals that dip in with a tan art marker.
- Ruffle the edge of the crepe that you just colored. Gently stretch the petal outward from the middle. For the dogwood buds, stretch the petals into a cupped shape.
- Curl the bottom edge of the petal under using a wooden skewer or chopstick.
- To make the center of the dogwood flower, fold the rectangular crepe piece in half lengthwise. Fringe along the folded edge.
- Wrap and glue the fringed piece around the end of a branch. Fluff out the fringe.
- Glue one of the petals to the base of the fringed crepe. Then, glue a second petal opposite of the first.
- Next, glue on two more petals, opposite of one another. You can add a bit more glue to the underside to keep the flower more open.
- Cut strips of crepe to match the leaves and wrap the base of the flower and part of the branch. You can also use floral tape if preferred.
- Finally, glue small leaves under the flower buds and the bigger ones onto the branch itself.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership to join our community of crafters today! Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your projects for a chance to be featured on our social media! And always feel free to reach out with questions and feedback — we love hearing from you! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.