Our only plants are to make this ivy
There is something about a trailing ivy that feels a little whimsical, which makes it a great project for this month’s craft collection. Designed by Meagan, our crepe paper English ivy plant features long vines made out of floral wire and lots of leaves attached with floral tape.
To get started, check out our supplies list with all of the tools and materials linked below. Then download our template and step-by-step tutorial.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
This crepe paper English ivy is a great way to bring some greenery into your home that requires zero maintenance. Making it out of paper or felt also means you can control the size of it and how it looks. For example, maybe you want to add more vines and leaves, make longer (or shorter!) vines, or use a certain shade of green crepe paper.
As always, we encourage you to get creative with our DIY crafts! We’d love to see your version of this crepe paper English ivy, so make sure to share it with us by using #MadeWithLia on Instagram or posting photos to our crafters community page.
Skill level: Intermediate since there are a lot of pieces to attach
Crafting tips: Make as many vines as you like to make your plant larger or smaller! To make longer vines, you can attach multiple 18-gauge wires together using floral tape.
How to Make a Crepe Paper English Ivy Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern above.
- Cut crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Glue a 4-inch 24-gauge wire between two leaf halves.
- Add details to one side of each leaf using a white paint pen.
Full tutorial available for members to download above.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Floral Tape — Green
- Posca Paint Marker 3M Fine Reversible Bullet — Ivory
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member