Summer is the perfect time for fresh florals around the house…especially when it’s made out of crepe paper. Our fantastic fuchsia is first on our list of flowers to make this July. With its vivid purples, vibrant reds, and stark green stems, you’ll give your patio a summery boost!
And what’s more, it’s incredibly easy to make! All you have to do is gather the tools and materials, then download the SVG or PDF files. Finally, follow our step-by-step instructions to create your crepe paper fuchsias!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper: Plum, Raspberry, Juniper, Snowflake
- Green Floral Tape
- Light Gold Pan Pastel
- 24-gauge and 18-gauge Green Floral Wire
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out crepe paper according to pattern.
- Cut 24-gauge wire into 6 equal pieces, then bend tip of each wire to create a loop.
- Stretch 6 white crepe strips, then glue and wrap around the top loop. Stretch 6 pink crepe strips, then glue around and down wire.
- Use 1 stretched pink strip to wrap together all 6 center pieces; leave one sticking out a bit farther.
- Stretch top of purple petals and fold up bottom corner.
- Glue along folded petal, then attach to flower center.
- Stretch center of pink petals.
- Glue pink petals evenly around the rest of flower.
- Build up some glue to create bump directly below base of flower. Add a second small bead of glue directly below.
- Glue 1 stretched pink strip around dried glue. Add a small wire to end, then use 1 more strip of stretched pink crepe to cover the wire.
- To add color, use a paint brush to apply a dab of PanPastel to the top of flower.
- Glue either side of leaves together with 24-gauge floral wire between. Curl edges of leaves with a curling tool.
- To create a branch, attach leaves and flowers to 18-gauge wire with floral tape.
Make This the Summer of Crafts!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team