Due to popular demand, we are finally making a crepe paper gladiolus! In fact, so many of you requested this flower that we decided it would be a good Member Make project. As with most of our Member Make projects, Meagan has taken the time to design a gorgeous flower for us all to make. We have listed everything you need below so you can get ready for our live workshop on the 19th.
If you have any questions before then, be sure to let us know. Along with getting your tools and materials ahead of time, you can also download the flower pattern at the end of the post.
We’re so gladiolus you’re here
We had some new members join us for last month’s Member Make! And it really makes me and my team happy to see so many more people crafting right now. Whether you’re brand-new to making flowers or have been crafting for years, there’s always something new to learn. And we’re always grateful to be your guides and support you along your creative journey.
With that being said, we can’t wait to show you how to make these crepe paper gladiolus flowers. These flowers are known for their tall flower spikes and large blooms. But their blooms can range in size from less than three inches in diameter to greater than five inches across. The plants can also be anywhere from two to five feet tall and come in a variety of colors.
As you can probably tell, there’s a lot of room for creativity with this flower when it comes to size and color. We made our crepe paper gladiolus flowers on the smaller side, but you can always play around with your flowers and see what you like best. That’s what Member Make is all about!
If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate. Otherwise, scroll on down for the tools and materials list plus the flower pattern.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for these crepe paper gladiolus flowers— listed below. Then download the printable flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on June 19th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this project with us! We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of these crepe paper gladiolus flowers. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; play around with your arrangement; or style your flowers in different ways.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper gladiolus flowers with us! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Juniper, Fern, Linen
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns + Moss
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- PanPastel Lia Griffith Designer Set — Pearlescent Yellow, Magenta Tint, Bt Yellow Green, Bright Yellow Green Shade
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge White Paper-Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
Want more projects like this one? Browse all of our crepe paper flowers for more ideas.