It has been nearly five years since we made our first crepe paper Juliet rose! For our Member Make workshop this month, Meagan has come up with a new way to make this popular flower. Join us on the 18th at 11:00 am PDT for our live workshop, or you can always watch the recording here later.
To get ready for the workshop, see our tools and materials list below.
Craft a classic
We are so excited to show your our updated version of this classic David Austin rose. Similar to the real flower, our crepe paper Juliet rose is a fully cupped bloom with many layers and petals nested in the center. Typically these roses are a light peachy-pink color, but you can make them in whatever color you like.
Along with showing you how to make the full bloom, Meagan will also be teaching you how to make the buds so you can make your own bouquet. If you have not joined us for our Member Make workshop before, be sure to read our instructions below on how to participate!
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tips: Building this flower while holding it upside down helps the petals stay in place. Once completed, hang the flower upside down until the tacky glue dries.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on June 18th at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make this crepe paper Juliet rose. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use a different color of crepe paper for your flowers and leaves or try different coloring techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper Juliet rose! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Blush and Olive
- 10mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- 15mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Tacky Glue
Gather your tools and materials, then download the flower pattern below. Our live workshop will begin on June 18th at 11:00 am PT.