Of all the tutorials and projects that we have on the site, we are most known for our paper flowers. Papercrafting is my original love, and this paper rose is really what started this whole crafting community vision for me. So naturally, we love it when we get positive feedback and requests for more flowers from readers! One of our more recent reader suggestions has been for a paper lily of the valley. Brilliant! Lily of valley is such a delicately adorable bloom, so we loved bringing it to life with our extra fine crepe. In nature, these flowers are very poisonous, so a paper version is great if you’ll be keeping them around children or pets.
- Cricut Maker or Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Rotary Cutter
- Needle Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Fern & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – White
- Wood Beads (10-9mm; 7 per stalk)
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Yellow, Green
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 18-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern
- Floral Tape — Cream
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut white crepe according the template and the bottom of the post, then cut six 3″ pieces of 24 gauge white floral wire.
- Using pliers, bend the tips of those six wires and one 12″ piece of 20 gauge wire.
- Glue wood beads to the top of each piece of wire.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
This flower is a perfect example of how to best use our extra fine crepe – anything heavier than extra fine would look too bulky for these tiny blooms! With the thinner paper, we can capture all the glorious details of these beauties. If you are new to crafting with crepe paper, we encourage you to watch our Crepe Paper 101 video for guidance on cutting and stretching the material. This flower project is particularly special because it combines paper crafting with painting to give the plant realistic visual depth.
Once you finish your paper lily of the valley plant, you can incorporate it into your home or office decor. Lily of the valley was actually featured in both Grace Kelly’s and Kate Middleton’s bridal bouquets, so these are perfect for weddings! You can browse all of our paper wedding flowers for more inspiration, or find our entire collection of crepe flower tutorials to build your own bouquet. As you can see, we love hearing our readers’ suggestions (because you have fabulous ideas!), so don’t hesitate to leave a comment below with a project idea you’d like to see in the future. To start finding the unique creativity that lives in you, head over to our membership page. See you there! ~ Lia & Team