Magnolia flowers and leaves make such beautiful home decor. I loved the softness of the crepe paper magnolia flowers on my holiday tree last year and feel that the leaves make gorgeous year-round decor. And you can also glam them up a bit to give them more of a holiday feel, as Meagan did with this crepe paper magnolia leaf wreath. All you need are a few metallic accents!
This is a simple enough template to cut by hand. Or there is always the option to use your Maker or Cameo 4 if you prefer to use your cutting machine.
Get glossed up
Ever since we created a new mini course for making double-sided crepe paper, we’ve been eager to try it out on more projects. So this crepe paper magnolia leaf wreath gave us a great opportunity to try out this technique again with some different colors. Along with the small pops of espresso and copper colors in our crepe paper magnolia leaf wreath, we love the glossy sheen that Mod Podge gives the dark green leaves.
Adding the different colors of brown and copper also gives the wreath some nice variation. This is something you can play around with when making your wreath, or you could even decide to do gold crepe paper instead of copper.
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tips: Before beginning this project you will need to make your own double-sided crepe paper using Olive + Espresso extra fine crepe and Olive + Copper extra fine crepe. Need help with this? Watch our mini course on how to make your own double-sided paper using the lamination technique. You will need four w11″ x h9″ sheets of each colorway for this wreath.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Olive, Espresso, and Copper
- 14″ Straw Wreath Form
- Bind Wire – Brown
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Stitch Witchery
How to Make a Crepe Paper Magnolia Leaf Wreath
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from the list above.
- Follow the video from our mini course to make your own double-sided crepe paper, then cut the paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Glue a piece of bind wire down the straight edge of one leaf half, then place a second leaf half on top.
- Apply mod podge to the green side of all leaves using a paint brush.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.