We never tire of coming up with gorgeous new peony projects! Such a gorgeous flower… we’re in love with their beautiful shapes and vibrant colors. Introducing our latest peony, perfect for the change of seasons — our crepe paper peony for fall. Gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our simple step-by-step photo tutorial to make some paper magic happen today!
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Cranberry
- Double Sided Crepe Paper in Ferns + Moss
- Floristic Crepe Paper in Goldenrod
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Green Floral Tape
- Flower Stamen
- 1″ Foam Ball
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Carve the foam ball so one side is flat, then carve out the center making a 1/2” hole.
- Using your fingers to twist each fringe of the yellow crepe paper.
- Take seven stamen and attach them to one end of the wire using floral tape. You may also choose to make your own stamen by following our flower stamen
- Glue one end of the fringed crepe to the base of the stamen.
- Wrap the fringed crepe around the stamen and glue it into place.
- Using the curling tool or the edge of your scissors, curl each petal, then stretch at the center of the petal using your fingers.
- Then stretch at the center of the leaf using your fingers.
- Stretch the oval piece of crepe over the flat side of the foam ball, then glue it into place.
- Press the stem through the top of the foam ball — push it through until the stamen end is sitting in the foam ball. Glue it into place.
- Begin gluing the smaller petals around the center. Place them so they curl slightly over the stamen.
- Continue gluing the remaining small petals around the center, gluing them slightly lower than the layer glued before.
- Glue the large petals around the flower. These should be glued close to the stem.
- Cut out the larger leaves according to template notes using scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Glue a wire between the two halves of the leaf using hot glue.
- Glue the small leaves around the stem at the base of the flower so that they are curling down, you may also add the larger leaves further down the stem securing them into place with floral tape.
- Wrap the stem with floral tape starting at the base of the leaves.
Sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership to start crafting with us today! Already a member? Use #MadeWithLia and share some of your latest projects with us — you are our greatest inspiration. Much love ~ Lia & Team