Peonies are such a popular flower to make from crepe paper — and they are one of my favorites! We have made them from all of the different weights of crepe paper, the extra-fine and heavy crepe, but in this version I show you how to make a refined flower using the double-sided crepe.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
This crepe paper peonies workshop includes a detailed version of the flower centers and an additional-sized flower between the bud and the full bloom. This updated version also uses double-sided crepe paper for the petals and leaves, giving the finished flower extra charm. For the stem and sepal, I used an extra-fine crepe.
When you’re ready to craft this flower, you can use the pre-made kit with this updated template. Or collect your selection of materials using the list and links in the right-hand column.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Hot Glue Gun
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Strawberry & Tulip Pink + Flamingo & Peony Pink
(or you can use ANY color of the double-sided crepe for your peonies)
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Chiffon and Juniper or Olive
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Ferns & Moss + Green Tea & Cypress (optional)
- Thick Stem Wire or 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Cotton Spun Balls – 20mm (1 pack)
- Cotton Spun Balls – 6mm or 8mm or Wood Beads – 8mm (you will need 21 total to make 3 peonies)
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire (for leaves)
- Art Glitter Glue or Tacky Glue
- Markers – Orange Red and Olive
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member